The math book / [Karl Warsi, consultant editor ; contributors, Jan Dangerfield, Heather Davis, John Farndon, Jonny Griffiths, Tom Jackson, Mukul Patel, Sue Pope ; Matt Parker, foreword.]
- ISBN: 9781465480248
- ISBN: 1465480242
- Physical Description: 351 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Edition: First American edition.
- Publisher: New York, New York : DK Publishing, 2019.
Applying the Big Ideas Simply Explained series' trademark combination of authoritative, accessible text and bold graphics to chart the development of math through history, The Math Book explores and explains subjects ranging from ancient mathematical ideas and inventions, such as prehistoric tally bones and Sumerian multiplication tables, through the developments in mathematics during medieval and Renaissance Europe, to the more recent rise of game and group theory. Tracing math through the scientific revolution to its 21st-century use in computers, the internet, and AI, The Math Book uses an innovative graphic-led approach to make the subject accessible to everyone.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Mathematics > History.
Search for related items by series
- 7 of 7 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at De Soto.
- 0 current holds with 7 total copies.