The scenic route : embracing the detours, roadblocks, and unexpected joys of raising and autistic child / Leigh Merryday Porch.
- ISBN: 9780593328729
- ISBN: 0593328728
- Physical Description: 270 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: [New York] : TarcherPerigee, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC, 2022.
"Leigh Merryday Porch offers insight into how parents of children with autism can redefine hope in a world that often has a narrow view of what hope is supposed to look like for their kids. As an educator and expert on autism spectrum disorders as well as the mother of a son who is autistic...Porch shares the lessons she has learned about charting your own course. From learning to cope with sleepless, worry-filled nights to asking friends and family for the help and support you actually need, she offers readers a road map for helping our children thrive while still taking the time to stop and enjoy the beauty in life's unforeseen detours"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Parents of autistic children.
Autism in children.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at De Soto.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.